Independence day is common among the countries of the world. As long as a country is a sovereign country, such country must have an independence day.
Independence according to Cambridge dictionary is the freedom from being governed or ruled by another country.
Nigeria is a West Africa country with over 200millions people from all the three major tribe living together as one.
Nigeria as a country came into being on the 1st of January, 1914 when the Northern and Southern protectorates were merged together by Lord Frederick Lugard.
Nigeria remain under the direct control of the British colony for 46years until October 1st, 1960.
So it is another day in the history of Nigeria but today is not just a day but a special celebration day because Nigeria is not only celebrating her freedom from the British colony but it is celebrating 60years of unrivaled independence.
Yes, Nigeria is celebrating her diamond jubilee.
With respect to this and with all dilligence, the CEO, team member, all the staffs and customers of kurepay felicitate with Nigeria on her Diamond Jubilee celebration.
Lest you forget, you can earn $200 and above daily with kurepay. Read more here.
Facts about Nigeria.
- Nigeria is a West African country.
- Nigeria has three major tribes namely Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa.
- Nigeria has over 250 different ethnic group.
- Nigeria has over 500 local languages with English as her official language.
- Nigeria is the most populous country in Africa and the seventh most populous country in the world.
- Nigeria has the third largest population of youth after India and China.
- Nigeria has the fifth largest Muslim population and the sixth largest Christian population in the world.
- Nigeria has the largest economy in Africa and the 24th largest economy in the world. (IMF, 2020).